If you can’t decide whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support for your hips and back. With two built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Full Size
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Full Size
Construction Layla Mattress Full Size
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Full Size
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Full Size
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Full Size
This is a authentic foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Full Size
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the choice to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Full Size
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Full Size