When you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a little more support for your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Guarantee
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Guarantee
Construction Layla Mattress Guarantee
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Guarantee
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Guarantee
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Guarantee
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Guarantee
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Guarantee
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Guarantee