If you can’t determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Headquarters
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Headquarters
Construction Layla Mattress Headquarters
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Headquarters
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Headquarters
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Headquarters
This is a authentic foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Headquarters
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only given to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you want to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Headquarters
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to have a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Headquarters