If you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Honest Reviews
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Honest Reviews
Construction Layla Mattress Honest Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Honest Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Honest Reviews
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Honest Reviews
This is a true foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Honest Reviews
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Honest Reviews
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Honest Reviews