If you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a bit more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress How To Flip
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress How To Flip
Construction Layla Mattress How To Flip
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress How To Flip
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress How To Flip
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress How To Flip
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress How To Flip
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress How To Flip
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to have a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress How To Flip