When you can’t decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress In Store
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress In Store
Construction Layla Mattress In Store
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress In Store
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress In Store
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress In Store
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress In Store
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress In Store
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress In Store