When you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Instructions
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Instructions
Construction Layla Mattress Instructions
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Instructions
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Instructions
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial factor to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Instructions
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Instructions
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Instructions
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Instructions