If you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress King
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress King
Construction Layla Mattress King
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress King
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress King
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress King
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress King
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a partner and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress King
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress King