When you can’t choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with more support on your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Longevity
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Longevity
Construction Layla Mattress Longevity
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Longevity
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Longevity
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial factor to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Longevity
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Longevity
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Longevity
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This allows you to have a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Longevity