When you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a little more support on your hips and back. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Negative Reviews
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Negative Reviews
Construction Layla Mattress Negative Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Negative Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Negative Reviews
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Negative Reviews
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Negative Reviews
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Negative Reviews
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Negative Reviews