If you can’t determine whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support on your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Nz
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Nz
Construction Layla Mattress Nz
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Nz
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Nz
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Nz
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Nz
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Nz
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to have a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Nz