When you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Off Gassing
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Off Gassing
Construction Layla Mattress Off Gassing
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Off Gassing
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Off Gassing
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Off Gassing
This is a authentic foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Off Gassing
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Off Gassing
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to have a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Off Gassing