When you can not determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress On Box Spring
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress On Box Spring
Construction Layla Mattress On Box Spring
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress On Box Spring
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress On Box Spring
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress On Box Spring
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress On Box Spring
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress On Box Spring
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress On Box Spring