When you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Opening
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Opening
Construction Layla Mattress Opening
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Opening
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Opening
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Opening
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Opening
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Opening
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Opening