If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with a bit more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Problems
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Problems
Construction Layla Mattress Problems
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Problems
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Problems
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Problems
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Problems
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Problems
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on each side. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Problems