When you can not decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Pros And Cons
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Pros And Cons
Construction Layla Mattress Pros And Cons
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Pros And Cons
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Pros And Cons
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Pros And Cons
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and once sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Pros And Cons
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Pros And Cons
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have two different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Pros And Cons