When you can not determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Protector
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Protector
Construction Layla Mattress Protector
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Protector
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Protector
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Protector
This is a true foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Protector
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the option to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Protector
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This allows you to have a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Protector