If you can not decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a bit more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison
Construction Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only given to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Purple Bear Comparison