If you can’t decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Rating
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Rating
Construction Layla Mattress Rating
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Rating
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Rating
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Rating
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Rating
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Rating
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Rating