If you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with a little more support on your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Ratings
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Ratings
Construction Layla Mattress Ratings
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Ratings
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Ratings
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Ratings
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Ratings
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the option to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Ratings
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This provides you a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Ratings