If you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with a bit more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Retailers
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Retailers
Construction Layla Mattress Retailers
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Retailers
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Retailers
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Retailers
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Retailers
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Retailers
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Retailers