If you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Review
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Review
Construction Layla Mattress Review
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Review
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Review
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Review
This is a true foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Review
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Review
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Review