If you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with a bit more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on each side. This allows you to have a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews 2019