If you can not determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews Amazon