If you can’t determine whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only given to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews Consumer Reports