If you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a little more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews Facebook