If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit
This is a authentic foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews Reddit