If you can’t determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead
This is a true foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews Sleep Like The Dead