When you can’t choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews Sleepopolis