When you can’t determine whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Reviews
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Reviews
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews
This is a genuine foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews