When you can not choose whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with a little more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Sagging
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sagging
Construction Layla Mattress Sagging
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Sagging
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Sagging
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sagging
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Sagging
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively offered to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the choice to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Sagging
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have two different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Sagging