When you can not determine whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Set Up
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Set Up
Construction Layla Mattress Set Up
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Set Up
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Set Up
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important element to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Set Up
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Set Up
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Set Up
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This gives you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Set Up