If you can not choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Setup
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Setup
Construction Layla Mattress Setup
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Setup
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Setup
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Setup
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Setup
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Setup
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Setup