When you can not decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Sheets
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sheets
Construction Layla Mattress Sheets
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Sheets
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Sheets
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sheets
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Sheets
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the option to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Sheets
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Sheets