If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
Construction Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
This is a true foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively offered to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Side Sleeper