If you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Sides
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sides
Construction Layla Mattress Sides
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Sides
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Sides
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Sides
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Sides
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Sides
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Sides