When you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a little more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead
Construction Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead
This is a authentic foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Sleep Like The Dead