When you can not decide whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Sleepopolis
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sleepopolis
Construction Layla Mattress Sleepopolis
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Sleepopolis
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Sleepopolis
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sleepopolis
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Sleepopolis
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Sleepopolis
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Sleepopolis