When you can not choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress South Africa
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress South Africa
Construction Layla Mattress South Africa
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress South Africa
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress South Africa
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress South Africa
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress South Africa
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only provided to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress South Africa
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress South Africa