When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Specs
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Specs
Construction Layla Mattress Specs
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Specs
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Specs
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Specs
This is a true foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and once sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Specs
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only given to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Specs
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to have a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Specs