When you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with a bit more support on your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Thickness
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Thickness
Construction Layla Mattress Thickness
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Thickness
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Thickness
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Thickness
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Thickness
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Thickness
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Thickness