When you can not determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Too Cool
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Too Cool
Construction Layla Mattress Too Cool
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Too Cool
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Too Cool
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Too Cool
This is a true foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Too Cool
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Too Cool
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Too Cool