When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Too Firm
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Too Firm
Construction Layla Mattress Too Firm
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Too Firm
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Too Firm
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Too Firm
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and once sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Too Firm
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Too Firm
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Too Firm