When you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Too Hard
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Too Hard
Construction Layla Mattress Too Hard
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Too Hard
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Too Hard
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Too Hard
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Too Hard
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Too Hard
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to have a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Too Hard