When you can’t decide whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Too Soft
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Too Soft
Construction Layla Mattress Too Soft
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Too Soft
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Too Soft
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Too Soft
This is a genuine foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and once sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Too Soft
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Too Soft
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Too Soft