When you can not decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Topper Review
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Topper Review
Construction Layla Mattress Topper Review
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Topper Review
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Topper Review
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Topper Review
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Topper Review
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively offered to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Topper Review
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This permits you to have a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Topper Review