When you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a little more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Topper
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Topper
Construction Layla Mattress Topper
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Topper
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Topper
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Topper
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Topper
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Topper
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Topper