When you can not decide whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Toxic
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Toxic
Construction Layla Mattress Toxic
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Toxic
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Toxic
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Toxic
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Toxic
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Toxic
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Toxic