When you can not determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Unboxing
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Unboxing
Construction Layla Mattress Unboxing
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Unboxing
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Unboxing
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Unboxing
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Unboxing
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you like to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Unboxing
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Unboxing