If you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a bit more support on your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Underground
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Underground
Construction Layla Mattress Underground
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Underground
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Underground
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Underground
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Underground
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the choice to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Underground
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Underground